The Urban Design Group, in London, is a campaigning membership organisation which cares about the quality of life and the centrality of urban design in our cities, towns and villages.
On 23rd May it will be holding a seminar on ‘Alternative Housing Models’. This will explore the alternatives on offer, examining the potential for better urban design through different procurement and ownership models.
- The seminar will start off with ‘Self-build and plot-based urbanism’, by Gus Zogolovitch, from National Self-Build
- Maria Brenton (UKCN) will talk about the OWCH project
- Patrick Devlin (Cohousing Woodside’s architect) will discuss ‘Cohousing Design’
- Bruce Moore (Hanover) will consider ‘The housing association perspective’
- The evening will be concluded by Stephen Hill (C20 Futureplanners) on ‘Market failure – who are the real ‘Clients of Place’?